Featured in the July 8, 2011 issue of Spare Change News is an exclusive interview with KRS-One, the artist, as he prepares to travel to New England for his teach hip hop tour. Kris Parker, the person, reminisces about the irony within the connection of homelessness and hip-hop and how he once lived on the streets for over 10 years. Read the story.
About the AuthorTom Benner is an award-winning journalist and journalism instructor from Boston, Mass., who relocated in September 2012 to Singapore as a freelance writer and editor.
- My latest for Al Jazeera ... With an 82 percent vaccination rate, Singapore is in a position to demonstrate how the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @AAJAAsia: Statement from @aajaasia and @aajaseoul regarding the amendments to Korea’s Press Arbitration Act aaja-asia.org/statement-from… 1 month ago
- RT @AAJAAsia: AAJA-Asia Launches News Diversity Initiative for Asia aaja-asia.org/aaja-asia-laun… 1 month ago
- As #AAJAasia begins the second day of the weeklong #N3Conference, #N3Magazine offers great reads on the state of jo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- As #aaja's asia chapter kicks off its weeklong virtual N3Conference, a look at newsroom diversity by N3Magazine… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- #AAJA journalists on the headaches and joys of covering China on the ground #n3con2021 #n3magazine n3con.com/magazine/cover… 1 month ago