A sneak preview from the next issue of Spare Change News. This, and an interview with Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz on Occupy, the Tea Party and the 99 percent, will be featured in our next issue. Top photo: Gail “The Champ” Grandchamp of North Adams, Mass., (yes, her real name) took on the all-male boxing establishment and delivered the legal KO that opened the door to this month’s first-ever women’s Olympic boxing competition. Below, Claressa Shields of the U.S. standing with her gold medal during the presentation ceremony for the Women’s Middle (75kg) gold medal boxing match at the London Olympic Games.
About the AuthorTom Benner is an award-winning journalist and journalism instructor from Boston, Mass., who relocated in September 2012 to Singapore as a freelance writer and editor.
- Singapore celebrates its 54th birthday on Aug. 9, and the political party that has run it in all that time faces wh… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- This weekend's excitement in Singapore ... China sends top military brass to annual defence summit as US-China comp… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @AJEnglish: Singapore passes new law to police fake news despite concerns aljazeera.com/news/2019/05/s… 3 months ago
- The heated debate over how to address online falsehoods plays out in Singapore, with Parliament's approval of a swe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- An invite to journalists, writers and editors in Singapore and Hong Kong, hope you can attend! n3con.com/2019/2019/04/2… 3 months ago
- RT @YKreports: Grateful to many people and groups, esp. SFCC @AAJAAsia @aaja @RSF_kr, fellow journalists and many others. Thank you. I won'… 4 months ago