Featured in the July 8, 2011 issue of Spare Change News is an exclusive interview with KRS-One, the artist, as he prepares to travel to New England for his teach hip hop tour. Kris Parker, the person, reminisces about the irony within the connection of homelessness and hip-hop and how he once lived on the streets for over 10 years. Read the story.
About the AuthorTom Benner is an award-winning journalist and journalism instructor from Boston, Mass., who relocated in September 2012 to Singapore as a freelance writer and editor.
- My latest for Al Jazeera English - Life after the Lees? Singapore prepares for the future @AJENews aje.io/f9dnl 2 weeks ago
- Proud to be joining the @AAJAAsia board for 2019-2020, AAJA-Asia is a great network of journalists who do great wor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- I led a team of professional and student journalists covering the recent Digital Media Asia 2018 conference in Hong… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @kate_mayberry: Singapore reckons its food culture has all the ingredients for a World Heritage listing. Not so fast say its neighbours.… 1 month ago
- Food fight! Neighbors bristle as Singapore bids for UNESCO status for its hawker culture. My latest for Al Jazeera… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- My latest story for Al Jazeera English ... Singaporean artist jailed after peaceful protest @AJENews aje.io/vbl3f 2 months ago