A sneak preview from the next issue of Spare Change News. This, and an interview with Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz on Occupy, the Tea Party and the 99 percent, will be featured in our next issue. Top photo: Gail “The Champ” Grandchamp of North Adams, Mass., (yes, her real name) took on the all-male boxing establishment and delivered the legal KO that opened the door to this month’s first-ever women’s Olympic boxing competition. Below, Claressa Shields of the U.S. standing with her gold medal during the presentation ceremony for the Women’s Middle (75kg) gold medal boxing match at the London Olympic Games.
About the AuthorTom Benner is an award-winning journalist and journalism instructor from Boston, Mass., who relocated in September 2012 to Singapore as a freelance writer and editor.
- lnkd.in/fiU2kzK lnkd.in/fAY5gGB 1 month ago
- Great reading for journalists, by journalists - N3 Magazine, the 2018 magazine for the Asian American Journalists A… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- And so the Kim-Trump summit ends with a signing, and the actual work still to be done - @AJENews aje.io/23wwt 1 month ago
- My story today from Singapore - Kim-Trump meeting: More theatrics than substance? @AJEnglish aje.io/4m99p 1 month ago
- RT @AJENews: "Strict public order laws also means that Trump and Kim are unlikely to encounter any major security threats and be embarrasse… 1 month ago
- My story on Singapore playing host to the Trump-Kim summit, a big boost to its image as the Switzerland of Southeas… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago