A sneak preview from the next issue of Spare Change News. This, and an interview with Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz on Occupy, the Tea Party and the 99 percent, will be featured in our next issue. Top photo: Gail “The Champ” Grandchamp of North Adams, Mass., (yes, her real name) took on the all-male boxing establishment and delivered the legal KO that opened the door to this month’s first-ever women’s Olympic boxing competition. Below, Claressa Shields of the U.S. standing with her gold medal during the presentation ceremony for the Women’s Middle (75kg) gold medal boxing match at the London Olympic Games.
About the AuthorTom Benner is an award-winning journalist and journalism instructor from Boston, Mass., who relocated in September 2012 to Singapore as a freelance writer and editor.
- My latest for Al Jazeera English - Life after the Lees? Singapore prepares for the future @AJENews aje.io/f9dnl 1 month ago
- Proud to be joining the @AAJAAsia board for 2019-2020, AAJA-Asia is a great network of journalists who do great wor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- I led a team of professional and student journalists covering the recent Digital Media Asia 2018 conference in Hong… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @kate_mayberry: Singapore reckons its food culture has all the ingredients for a World Heritage listing. Not so fast say its neighbours.… 2 months ago
- Food fight! Neighbors bristle as Singapore bids for UNESCO status for its hawker culture. My latest for Al Jazeera… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- My latest story for Al Jazeera English ... Singaporean artist jailed after peaceful protest @AJENews aje.io/vbl3f 3 months ago