A sneak preview from the next issue of Spare Change News. This, and an interview with Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz on Occupy, the Tea Party and the 99 percent, will be featured in our next issue. Top photo: Gail “The Champ” Grandchamp of North Adams, Mass., (yes, her real name) took on the all-male boxing establishment and delivered the legal KO that opened the door to this month’s first-ever women’s Olympic boxing competition. Below, Claressa Shields of the U.S. standing with her gold medal during the presentation ceremony for the Women’s Middle (75kg) gold medal boxing match at the London Olympic Games.
About the AuthorTom Benner is an award-winning journalist and journalism instructor from Boston, Mass., who relocated in September 2012 to Singapore as a freelance writer and editor.
- Concern raised over SKorean treatment of Bloomberg reporter - ABC News - abcn.ws/2UMOedK via @ABC News 5 days ago
- RT @aaja: .@AAJA joins its members across Asia and elsewhere to express deep concerns about the treatment of a South Korean journalist and… 5 days ago
- Apply for Voices 2019 aaja.org/apply_for_voic… 1 week ago
- RT @trisha_craig: Super excited to moderate this Rise of China panel on Thursday with incredible experts @VukJeremic Khong Yuen Foong, Kevi… 1 week ago
- RT @AngieTVLau: On behalf of @AAJAAsia @n3conference a very big shout out to @cathaypacific for your support in flying our speakers from US… 1 week ago
- My latest for @AJEnglish twitter.com/AJEnglish/stat… 1 month ago