A sneak preview from the next issue of Spare Change News. This, and an interview with Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz on Occupy, the Tea Party and the 99 percent, will be featured in our next issue. Top photo: Gail “The Champ” Grandchamp of North Adams, Mass., (yes, her real name) took on the all-male boxing establishment and delivered the legal KO that opened the door to this month’s first-ever women’s Olympic boxing competition. Below, Claressa Shields of the U.S. standing with her gold medal during the presentation ceremony for the Women’s Middle (75kg) gold medal boxing match at the London Olympic Games.
About the AuthorTom Benner is an award-winning journalist and journalism instructor from Boston, Mass., who relocated in September 2012 to Singapore as a freelance writer and editor.
- RT @trisha_craig: Such an important part of the Cambridge community. Their holiday sale is on now. If you're buying books, they're a good p… 3 months ago
- RT @sherylleett: Are you a 1. Passionate student journalist 2. In Singapore 3. Interested in joining our @aaja and @AAJAAsia family? The U… 4 months ago
- Here’s more on our annual media conference, which opens tomorrow. n3con.com/2020/ Enjoy the magazine, and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- The magazine includes multiple accounts of covering civil unrest this past year in Hong Kong, n3con.com/magazine/categ… 5 months ago
- Journalists weigh in on the state of media freedom across Asia in countries including India, Malaysia, Myanmar, the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- It’s out! Please see the latest edition of N3Magazine, the official conference magazine of the Asian American Journ… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago