A sneak preview from the next issue of Spare Change News. This, and an interview with Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz on Occupy, the Tea Party and the 99 percent, will be featured in our next issue. Top photo: Gail “The Champ” Grandchamp of North Adams, Mass., (yes, her real name) took on the all-male boxing establishment and delivered the legal KO that opened the door to this month’s first-ever women’s Olympic boxing competition. Below, Claressa Shields of the U.S. standing with her gold medal during the presentation ceremony for the Women’s Middle (75kg) gold medal boxing match at the London Olympic Games.
About the AuthorTom Benner is an award-winning journalist and journalism instructor from Boston, Mass., who relocated in September 2012 to Singapore as a freelance writer and editor.
- Journalist friends might be interested in this panel discussion on covering US-China relations with some great jour… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @TheBrianPark: Henry Fuhrmann was incredibly generous with his time, care and attention. Even after he left the Los Angeles Times, he co… 3 weeks ago
- AAJA-Asia Congratulates Maria Ressa on Nobel Peace Prize aaja-asia.org/aaja-asia-cong… via @aajaasia 12 months ago
- My latest for Al Jazeera ... With an 82 percent vaccination rate, Singapore is in a position to demonstrate how the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @AAJAAsia: Statement from @aajaasia and @aajaseoul regarding the amendments to Korea’s Press Arbitration Act aaja-asia.org/statement-from… 1 year ago
- RT @AAJAAsia: AAJA-Asia Launches News Diversity Initiative for Asia aaja-asia.org/aaja-asia-laun… 1 year ago