A sneak preview from the next issue of Spare Change News. This, and an interview with Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz on Occupy, the Tea Party and the 99 percent, will be featured in our next issue. Top photo: Gail “The Champ” Grandchamp of North Adams, Mass., (yes, her real name) took on the all-male boxing establishment and delivered the legal KO that opened the door to this month’s first-ever women’s Olympic boxing competition. Below, Claressa Shields of the U.S. standing with her gold medal during the presentation ceremony for the Women’s Middle (75kg) gold medal boxing match at the London Olympic Games.
About the AuthorTom Benner is an award-winning journalist and journalism instructor from Boston, Mass., who relocated in September 2012 to Singapore as a freelance writer and editor.
- Singapore closes borders to keep virus at bay, but no shutdown @AJENews aje.io/tvpsf 2 weeks ago
- RT @AAJAAsia: AAJA-Asia’s Statement on China’s Decision to Expel U.S. Journalists aaja-asia.org/aaja-asias-sta… 3 weeks ago
- @hfuhrmann Henry, have you given up on “more than” vs. “over” before a number? I’m on an editing job and am about t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 weeks ago
- My latest for Al Jazeera ... Going viral: Asia takes on the coronavirus with songs, dances @AJENews aje.io/wny8d 4 weeks ago
- The Asian American Journalists Association stands by the three Wall Street Journal correspondents whose press crede… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @myhlee: I've compiled a Twitter list for Asian American and Pacific Islander political journalists so we can amplify their great work t… 1 month ago