A sneak preview from the next issue of Spare Change News. This, and an interview with Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz on Occupy, the Tea Party and the 99 percent, will be featured in our next issue. Top photo: Gail “The Champ” Grandchamp of North Adams, Mass., (yes, her real name) took on the all-male boxing establishment and delivered the legal KO that opened the door to this month’s first-ever women’s Olympic boxing competition. Below, Claressa Shields of the U.S. standing with her gold medal during the presentation ceremony for the Women’s Middle (75kg) gold medal boxing match at the London Olympic Games.
About the AuthorTom Benner is an award-winning journalist and journalism instructor from Boston, Mass., who relocated in September 2012 to Singapore as a freelance writer and editor.
- AAJA-Asia Congratulates Maria Ressa on Nobel Peace Prize aaja-asia.org/aaja-asia-cong… via @aajaasia 2 weeks ago
- My latest for Al Jazeera ... With an 82 percent vaccination rate, Singapore is in a position to demonstrate how the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @AAJAAsia: Statement from @aajaasia and @aajaseoul regarding the amendments to Korea’s Press Arbitration Act aaja-asia.org/statement-from… 1 month ago
- RT @AAJAAsia: AAJA-Asia Launches News Diversity Initiative for Asia aaja-asia.org/aaja-asia-laun… 2 months ago
- As #AAJAasia begins the second day of the weeklong #N3Conference, #N3Magazine offers great reads on the state of jo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- As #aaja's asia chapter kicks off its weeklong virtual N3Conference, a look at newsroom diversity by N3Magazine… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago