A sneak preview from the next issue of Spare Change News. This, and an interview with Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz on Occupy, the Tea Party and the 99 percent, will be featured in our next issue. Top photo: Gail “The Champ” Grandchamp of North Adams, Mass., (yes, her real name) took on the all-male boxing establishment and delivered the legal KO that opened the door to this month’s first-ever women’s Olympic boxing competition. Below, Claressa Shields of the U.S. standing with her gold medal during the presentation ceremony for the Women’s Middle (75kg) gold medal boxing match at the London Olympic Games.
About the AuthorTom Benner is an award-winning journalist and journalism instructor from Boston, Mass., who relocated in September 2012 to Singapore as a freelance writer and editor.
- I contributed to this piece on Asian countries trying to react to the new SARS-like Wuhan virus at a peak travel ti… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- RT @AJEnglish: A prolonged airspace ban over Iran and Iraq could cost airlines dearly aje.io/4zp3m https://t.co/gRcvXWXUcU 2 weeks ago
- Here is my latest for the news site Al Jazeera English. Flying between Asia and Europe just got more complicated.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- The Asia chapter of the Asian American Journalists Association is hiring! - aaja-asia.org/aaja-asia-seek… 1 month ago
- AAJA-Asia seeks part-time Executive Director Asia Pacific aaja-asia.org/aaja-asia-seek… via @aajaasia 1 month ago
- A flying taxi took its maiden voyage in Singapore today - aljazeera.com/news/2019/10/v… #airtaxi #singapore #volocopter 3 months ago