A sneak preview from the next issue of Spare Change News. This, and an interview with Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz on Occupy, the Tea Party and the 99 percent, will be featured in our next issue. Top photo: Gail “The Champ” Grandchamp of North Adams, Mass., (yes, her real name) took on the all-male boxing establishment and delivered the legal KO that opened the door to this month’s first-ever women’s Olympic boxing competition. Below, Claressa Shields of the U.S. standing with her gold medal during the presentation ceremony for the Women’s Middle (75kg) gold medal boxing match at the London Olympic Games.
About the AuthorTom Benner is an award-winning journalist and journalism instructor from Boston, Mass., who relocated in September 2012 to Singapore as a freelance writer and editor.
- RT @aajaseoul: AAJA-Asia strongly condemns the arrests of Apple Daily founder, Jimmy Lai, and other journalists and media executives, as we… 3 days ago
- RT @guardian: New York Times moves staff out of Hong Kong amid press freedom fears theguardian.com/world/2020/jul… 1 month ago
- RT @MarietjeSchaake: Her name is @mariaressa, stand with her ↘️ 1 month ago
- AAJA-Asia unequivocally stands in full support of Ms. Ressa, Mr. Santos and all Filipino media and journalists in t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @trinnaleong: Tired of all the webinars out there? What? Another webinar that’s free? I promise you this is going to be different 😆 @Goo… 2 months ago
- RT @TheoTypes: Budding Journalists: How can you navigate the pandemic job market? It's tough, no question. I wrote this (and got help from… 3 months ago