A sneak preview from the next issue of Spare Change News. This, and an interview with Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz on Occupy, the Tea Party and the 99 percent, will be featured in our next issue. Top photo: Gail “The Champ” Grandchamp of North Adams, Mass., (yes, her real name) took on the all-male boxing establishment and delivered the legal KO that opened the door to this month’s first-ever women’s Olympic boxing competition. Below, Claressa Shields of the U.S. standing with her gold medal during the presentation ceremony for the Women’s Middle (75kg) gold medal boxing match at the London Olympic Games.
About the AuthorTom Benner is an award-winning journalist and journalism instructor from Boston, Mass., who relocated in September 2012 to Singapore as a freelance writer and editor.
- RT @AJEnglish: Singapore passes new law to police fake news despite concerns aljazeera.com/news/2019/05/s… 2 weeks ago
- The heated debate over how to address online falsehoods plays out in Singapore, with Parliament's approval of a swe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- An invite to journalists, writers and editors in Singapore and Hong Kong, hope you can attend! n3con.com/2019/2019/04/2… 3 weeks ago
- RT @YKreports: Grateful to many people and groups, esp. SFCC @AAJAAsia @aaja @RSF_kr, fellow journalists and many others. Thank you. I won'… 1 month ago
- Concern raised over SKorean treatment of Bloomberg reporter - ABC News - abcn.ws/2UMOedK via @ABC News 2 months ago
- RT @aaja: .@AAJA joins its members across Asia and elsewhere to express deep concerns about the treatment of a South Korean journalist and… 2 months ago