A sneak preview from the next issue of Spare Change News. This, and an interview with Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz on Occupy, the Tea Party and the 99 percent, will be featured in our next issue. Top photo: Gail “The Champ” Grandchamp of North Adams, Mass., (yes, her real name) took on the all-male boxing establishment and delivered the legal KO that opened the door to this month’s first-ever women’s Olympic boxing competition. Below, Claressa Shields of the U.S. standing with her gold medal during the presentation ceremony for the Women’s Middle (75kg) gold medal boxing match at the London Olympic Games.
About the AuthorTom Benner is an award-winning journalist and journalism instructor from Boston, Mass., who relocated in September 2012 to Singapore as a freelance writer and editor.
- My latest story for Al Jazeera English ... Singaporean artist jailed after peaceful protest @AJENews aje.io/vbl3f 1 week ago
- lnkd.in/fiU2kzK lnkd.in/fAY5gGB 4 months ago
- Great reading for journalists, by journalists - N3 Magazine, the 2018 magazine for the Asian American Journalists A… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago
- And so the Kim-Trump summit ends with a signing, and the actual work still to be done - @AJENews aje.io/23wwt 4 months ago
- My story today from Singapore - Kim-Trump meeting: More theatrics than substance? @AJEnglish aje.io/4m99p 4 months ago
- RT @AJENews: "Strict public order laws also means that Trump and Kim are unlikely to encounter any major security threats and be embarrasse… 4 months ago