A sneak preview from the next issue of Spare Change News. This, and an interview with Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz on Occupy, the Tea Party and the 99 percent, will be featured in our next issue. Top photo: Gail “The Champ” Grandchamp of North Adams, Mass., (yes, her real name) took on the all-male boxing establishment and delivered the legal KO that opened the door to this month’s first-ever women’s Olympic boxing competition. Below, Claressa Shields of the U.S. standing with her gold medal during the presentation ceremony for the Women’s Middle (75kg) gold medal boxing match at the London Olympic Games.
About the AuthorTom Benner is an award-winning journalist and journalism instructor from Boston, Mass., who relocated in September 2012 to Singapore as a freelance writer and editor.
- Latest column by @trisha_craig in Times Higher Education twitter.com/trisha_craig/s… 2 weeks ago
- My blog post on this past weekend's Shangri-La Dialogue in Singapore, where there were more questions than answers… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 months ago
- My latest in the Christian Science Monitor, on Singapore's impressive efforts at water sustainability twitter.com/BCWaterNews/st… 7 months ago
- RT @timeshighered: .@trisha_craig of @yalenus on crafting a study abroad programme that works for students and institutions https://t.co/TK… 7 months ago
- RT @myfairobserver: Once #Trump loses, and the world wakes up on Nov 9 from one dizzying hangover, we will start recovering. @tgbenner http… 10 months ago
- Singapore’s Road to Multiculturalism lnkd.in/fqpB-UT 10 months ago