First Person: A Paper With A Future. Like any good Greater Bostonian, I always dutifully bought each new issue of Spare Change News when it came out every other Friday. Jesse, my Spare Change vendor who sells the paper in Court Square, not too far from the State House in Boston, was a very nice guy. He was big on the mission of the paper and appreciative of the opportunity to sell it. Continue reading …
About the AuthorTom Benner is an award-winning journalist and journalism instructor from Boston, Mass., who relocated in September 2012 to Singapore as a freelance writer and editor.
- RT @kate_mayberry: Singapore reckons its food culture has all the ingredients for a World Heritage listing. Not so fast say its neighbours.… 1 week ago
- Food fight! Neighbors bristle as Singapore bids for UNESCO status for its hawker culture. My latest for Al Jazeera… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- My latest story for Al Jazeera English ... Singaporean artist jailed after peaceful protest @AJENews aje.io/vbl3f 1 month ago
- lnkd.in/fiU2kzK lnkd.in/fAY5gGB 5 months ago
- Great reading for journalists, by journalists - N3 Magazine, the 2018 magazine for the Asian American Journalists A… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- And so the Kim-Trump summit ends with a signing, and the actual work still to be done - @AJENews aje.io/23wwt 5 months ago