First Person: A Paper With A Future. Like any good Greater Bostonian, I always dutifully bought each new issue of Spare Change News when it came out every other Friday. Jesse, my Spare Change vendor who sells the paper in Court Square, not too far from the State House in Boston, was a very nice guy. He was big on the mission of the paper and appreciative of the opportunity to sell it. Continue reading …
About the AuthorTom Benner is an award-winning journalist and journalism instructor from Boston, Mass., who relocated in September 2012 to Singapore as a freelance writer and editor.
- RT @FreeMediaWorld: World's press condemns arrest of @rapplerdotcom CEO @mariaressa for cyber libel "under legislation that was not even en… 6 days ago
- RT @AJENews: Pirate or hero? Raffles bicentennial fuels Singapore debate aje.io/kqzc2 https://t.co/jz4wMYcxBe 3 weeks ago
- Today is the 200th anniversary of Raffles' 1819 arrival in Singapore and the start of colonisation. My latest for A… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- My latest for Al Jazeera English - Life after the Lees? Singapore prepares for the future @AJENews aje.io/f9dnl 2 months ago
- Proud to be joining the @AAJAAsia board for 2019-2020, AAJA-Asia is a great network of journalists who do great wor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- I led a team of professional and student journalists covering the recent Digital Media Asia 2018 conference in Hong… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago